Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When I think of Child Development

When I think of Child Development, it makes me think about reaching my ultimate goal and making an impact in the lives of children and families.  I think of how important it is to be educated on what children needs in order to develop socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically and so on.  I think of what theorists such as Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, Erik Erikson, Sigmund Freud and B.F. Skinner have contributed to this field and how their thoughts and views made an impact on Child Development and Psychology. What comes to your mind when you think of Child Development? I am going to share a quote with you that makes me think positively about Child Development and motivates me to continue to reach my ultimate goal.


"The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done."

                                                                    Jean Piaget

3 comments:

  1. Jasmyn,
    I just wanted to say thank you for all of the comments that you made about my blog, throughout this course. I wish you luck in the next course and in the future.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmyn, what a great and inspiring post! You hit the nail right on the head. As educators it is our responsibility to help children development in each of their domains to allow them to be the best person that they can be.It's what we do and give to children that will inspire their growth and development. Thanks for you wisdom and insights thatb you have brought to our EDUC 6160 course! Take care!

    Cotati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmyn,
    Like the great theorist in the past who have made a positive impact on exploring and meeting the needs of children. I look forward to hearing and seeing your positive influence as well. Thank you for the dialouge over the course of this class. I've enjoyed your comments and your blog post. Very passionate!

    ReplyDelete