Monday, July 14, 2014

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

Autism Speaks-Atlanta

Autism Speaks in Atlanta is an organization that advocates for children with Autism.  I chose this organization because I was borderline Autistic as a child and when it comes to me wanting to open my own school working with special needs I mainly want to focus on the Autistic Spectrum on the high and low ends.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/site-wide/atlanta

Brain Injury Association of America

Traumatic Brain Injury within children is another issue I am concerned with when it comes to children learning because how it affects them in many ways. I gained interest in Traumatic Brain Injury when I wrote a paper on it and I interviewed a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who specializes in working with children who suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury and learning about what she does made me interested in wanting to learn more about TBI.

http://www.biausa.org/brain-injury-children.htm


Behavior Analyst Certification Board

The BACB is the referral site for individuals who are interested in becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. I ultimately want to be a licensed Behavior Analyst so I can mainly work with children who are Autistic and suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury.

www.bacb.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing those links. It sounds like your passion is in working with children with special needs. You mentioned that you would like to become a Licensed Behavior Analyst and work with children who have experienced TBI or who are on the Autism spectrum, are there existing program in your community who work with these children and families, or would you plan on establishing and new program?

    ReplyDelete