Sunday, October 20, 2013

Welcoming Families From Around the World

In this week's blog assignment I will discuss a family that is moving to my community and they are not familiar with the culture in the community and they will have children attending the preschool I currently direct.

The family is from Poland.

Ways I will prepare myself to be culturally responsive includes:
Researching the Polish Culture
Gaining knowledge on the greeting style and customs
I would find out about their proficiency on the English language and make accommodations if needed.
Find resources that can accommodate their values and needs.
I would research their educational practices.

I hope that these preparations would benefit the family because I want to make sure that the transition is less stressful and comforting. I want to make sure these preparations benefit me because it will show the family that I am culturally diverse and non bias of people who are different from me, as well as show that I am an effective leader and I am passionate about making a difference in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment