Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sharing Web Resources

Learning about International organizations that relate to Early Childhood Education is very interesting. I say this because I like researching international organizations and learning about their concerns for early childhood and what are some things they are doing to make an impact and difference in their native countries. I researched the World Association of Early Childhood Educators (WAECE). This organization aims to, " Allow every child under six years of age to exercise their right to early education, to fully develop capabilities and social responsibility according to Art. 7 of the United Nations Declaration on Children's Rights. Exchange experiences, foster contacts and collaboration and information among all early childhood educators (crin.org)."  

I found an article on the WAECE website that really caught my attention and I will copy and paste a link for you to read it yourselves and you can tell me what you think.  The article is called, "The World Association of Early Childhood Educators (WAECE-WAECE) shows its complete disagreement with the "sampling" to children 5 years.  This article discusses how in Madrid the children ages 5 are getting assessments in public and subsidized schools. The WAECE believes such assessments will undermine children's own natural maturation and label schools good/bad and segregate the schools. From reading this article I see that the WAECE displays a serious amount of concern and they are doing everything they can to get this issue resolved.

Here is the link for the article, read it and tell me what you think.

 http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.waece.org%2Findex.php&langpair=es|en


 

3 comments:

  1. Great topic and very important for us ECE professionals to learn more about. I just shared an article on my blog that discusses the long-term impact of academic pressure, the use of disability diagnoses in academic contexts and the practice of grade inflation on children's self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew about this organization. As an educator it is one that I will defiantly have to learn more about. From what you wrote, it seems that it is beneficial to the growth and development of children and that is important. Thanks for sharing it.
    Ashley Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmyn,

    I found WAECE to be a very interesting. I like the tools and guidance it gives early childhood educators. Do they collaborate with anyone such as public, private, or government assisted programs? I think the several concepts and the elements that facilitate and support the child's development and growth can be easily engaging and fun for a teacher to implement.

    ReplyDelete