Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Child Birth In Your Life and Around the World.

Everyday someone is giving birth to a child. It's a beautiful thing to welcome a new bundle of joy to the world.  I haven't had the luxury of experiencing of giving birth however I have witnessed the birth of my God son.  I have to tell you it was exciting and yet I was overly grossed out. I think that's why I am not in a rush to have kids, just going through labor sounds scary.  On December 24, 2009 I took my very pregnant friend Erika on a family trip to Gatlinburg, TN. for the Christmas holiday.  The night before Erika, myself and my cousins all walked in Wal-Mart for over an hour getting snacks and laughing. That's when the festivities started to begin. On Christmas Eve morning around 6 a.m., Erika woke up saying she was in a lot of pain and that she was cramping. (We didn't know she was experiencing contractions) She said the cramps were coming and going every few minutes.  Around 8 a.m. her cramps were getting much worse and she had to use the bathroom, so we helped her up to the bathroom and we didn't pay attention to the fact that she was in there longer than usual. (That's when her water broke, we had no clue).  Around 9 a.m. my mother and I drove Erika to the emergency room. Once we got there we just figured the doctors was going to turn us away, instead they said in 2 hours the baby will be arriving. Boy, were they right around 11:30 a.m.  Dr. Love delivered my God son Gabriel. The birth of Gabriel on Christmas Eve made the Newspaper in Gatlinburg as well.  That is a Christmas I will never forget because I watched my friend give birth to her first baby, and I almost passed out! The Miracle of Life Videos are nothing compared to having front row seats to watching someone give birth.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome Christmas Eve memory. Even though I gave birth three times, nothing can prepare you for witnessing a live birth. It is a miracle. It is pretty gory, but beautiful none the less.

    ReplyDelete