Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sharing Web Resources

This week I am going to share my findings from the World Association of Early Childhood Educator (WAECE). I chose to follow the link on the WAECE to the Sesame Workshop website, which is a non-profit sector of Sesame Street.  This website provides a lot of information on what they are about and what they do for children all over the world. The website does have a e-newsletter and I have submitted my email for it but haven't received anything just yet, but I will be sure to keep you posted.  The mission for the Sesame Workshop is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere to reach their highest potential (sesameworkshop.org).  I have been very familiar with Sesame Street because I always watched it growing up. Actually learning about the impact Sesame Street  makes all over the world, is something that is very new to me and I was excited to see the articles and information provided on Early Childhood Education around the globe.

 

Check out sesameworkshop.org!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jasmyn,
    It's a great website. I looked at the information that they provide and the work that they do, it's really impressive. I didn't realize that Sesame Street has addressed so many complicated issues for kids.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Many people do not know the work that Sesame Street does for children. Most see it just as a television show strictly for the entertainment of children.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete