Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Inspiring Quotes

"Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom. "
                                                                                 -Erik Erikson

This is my favorite quote, by Erik Erikson which reminds me of my passion for working with children and wanting to make a difference. When reading this quote it makes me think of children and how important it is to make them feel inspired to do whatever they set their minds to.

When reading this quote, what does it say to you?

2 comments:

  1. Great quote. This is my first time hearing it, and it's inspiring. Kids are very impressionable and need to be influenced by positive reminders that they can productively be and do whatever they desire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Erik Erikson is a very inspiring theorist in the field of Psychology. He is best known for his 8 stages of Psychosocial Development from birth up until late adulthood. When I first saw this quote it made me think about so much and it's very true.

    ReplyDelete